Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Face of a Teen


I woke to a very unpleasant surprise the other day: several unsightly blemishes on my chin. Foolishly, I thought I'd left my teen years (and all the skin woes that went with them) behind, but apparently that was wishful thinking on my part. I'm hardly alone: according to researchers at The University of Alabama, 73 percent of people will experience acne at some point in their adult lives. And thanks to hormones and stress, adult acne is far more common in women than men.

So, what's a blemished beauty to do? I remembered that my dermatologist told me that prescription retinoid products can help, so I slathered on my Retin-A Micro. I needed quick relief, though, so I dabbed on some Clearasil Adult Acne Treatment Cream for good measure. 24 hours later, my face was looking better--but not completely clear. How do you get your acne under control?

No comments: