Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Afraid of the Dark (Circles)?


I have dark circles under my eyes. There's no good way to ignore them as you get older -- what may have been alluring shadows in your twenties just make you look haggard in your thirties. But for a lark I went in to a local beauty boutique for a mini-makeup session and came out with a product that really made my skirt fly up: the Magic Wand by Face Stockholm. I've used and liked other concealers, but this one really pulls the rabbit out of the hat and makes it tap dance.

What I love: there's no cakey or thick feeling -- this stuff melts right into your skin with a few soft pats. And I swear it reflects light. After sleepless nights (I have two kids in diapers -- hear that tiny violin playing?), this stuff can make me look fresh as a daisy in seconds. I love it so much I subjected my mom to a driveby de-circling, and she looked amazing as well. My other concealers are languishing in a drawer, and the best part is that at only $30, this could be a fabulous weapon in anyone's look-younger arsenal.