Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beauty and Your Bottom Dollarhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif


The national gas average just topped $4 a gallon--yikes! One more sign of a rotten economy. Personally, I've been stretching my dollar by spending less (particularly on take-out meals and clothing; I've also been leaving my car parked and taking public transport) and searching for sales on groceries and household goods. The one area that I haven't cut back, however, is skin and haircare products. To me, it's worth a few extra dollars to have a youthful complexion and hair that's full and shiny. Apparently I'm not alone: I took an informal survey among my girlfriends, who report that they're still going to the salon and stocking up on face cream and lipstick the way they used to. Then again, they're a savvy group of women who know that often the $40 wrinkle cream is just as good--if not better--than the $100 version. How has this economy affected your beauty spending habits?

No comments: