Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stretching It


Got stretch marks? I do (I'm not telling where!) as does almost every woman I know. Stretch marks are nothing more than scars, essentially; they're the result of broken down collagen and elastin that's been--you guessed it--overstretched, either due to weight gain, pregnancy or normal growth. In some cases, lasers can treat them, but I'm actually pretty chicken about getting under a burning hot light for any length of time--especially when the results aren't guaranteed. My less-than-perfect but relatively effective stretch mark solution is a healthy dose of Clarins Delicious Self-Tanning Cream--self-tanner makes them less obvious--and a regular application of Retin-A, which helps rebuild collagen. What do you do? Would you go under the laser for perfectly smooth skin?

No comments: