Monday, October 6, 2008

Skin smarts: making the grade



Summer's over, but think of autumn and winter as downtime when you can start "studying" to make your skincare grade better next year. At the American Academy of Dermatology, you can take a quiz called "Rays Your Grade" to rate just how well you know your sunshine, SPF and skin cancer facts. 

My grade? a "B". Despite my avid reading of every magazine under the sun (ha), I still apply sunscreen to my face and tend to forget the rest of my skin unless I'm hitting the pool or beach or an outdoor event. Frankly, I hate the sticky feeling of sunscreen -- and that stickiness is an immediate sensation, while skin cancer feels nebulous and improbable. (I know, I know. Evidently remedial tutoring is in order.)

So head over, take the quiz, and see just how smart you need to be to beat the odds.